Aug 2013 – Present Head of Creative & Buzz TransferWise London
- Head up all creative production, advertising and buzz marketing from ideation to final creative.
- Run global creative in the UK, Europe, USA and Australia.
- Built and currently run an in-house agency of seven.
- Built the TransferWise brand, personality and tone of voice.
- Put the brand on the map with our disruptive marketing and bold stunts.
- Produce weekly video content, optimised for engagement and customer acquisition.
- In-house ideation, scripts and direction for all TV ads and OOH.
- Remain hands-on as a creative, producer, director and copywriter.
- Measure effectiveness of content and consistently run marketing activity below CPA targets.
- Constantly test against a number of success and brand metrics to adapt and evolve creative.
- High volume and high speed production to scale with one of the UK’s fastest growing companies.
- Employee #35 of 800.
Jan 2012 – Jan 2013 Senior Copywriter/Head of Copy PKR London
- Worked alongside the Creative Director in managing the output and ethos of the creative department while maintaining a very hands-on role, producing all the company’s crucial copy.
- Managed advertising campaigns from conception to production.
- Provided compelling written copy for use across a range of media including TV, print, direct mail, online, social media, email and in-game. From worldwide ad campaigns to website content, YouTube brand channels, Facebook pages, SEM and more.
- Directed a team of graphic designers, providing them with scamps, mood boards and concepts.
- Monitored the effectiveness of advertising campaigns and applied findings to future messaging.
Oct 2010 – Oct 2011 Senior Editor PokerStrategy.com Gibraltar
- Produced a wide variety of creative content for one of the world’s largest gaming websites.
- Researched and wrote exciting news articles and columns to tight deadlines.
- Wrote marketing material and newsletters to communicate to the website’s 5 million members.
- Created persuasive copy and punchy slogans for advertising campaigns.
- Produced scripts for promotional video.
- Edited website content to push a more colloquial, relaxed and accessible style.
- Coordinated a team of freelancers to fill the news section with professional daily content.
June 2007 – Oct 2010 Senior Copywriter Chillisauce London
- Produced high-volume copy for this wacky events company for which I was solely responsible.
- Created all website content, sales copy, product descriptions, advertising copy, newsletters and press releases.
- Edited website content to pack a punch and get the ‘fun factor’ to jump off the pages.
- Built marketing and advertising campaigns from initial concept to design, copy, imagery and through to the end product. This included ads featured in FHM and other publications.
- Sourced and created images to be displayed on the website using Photoshop.
2004 – 2007 Training Manager/Editor RONIN Corporation London
- Headed the training and recruitment department for a market research company.
- Wrote complex training manuals and edited existing instructional material.
- Conducted in-depth weekly training sessions over 2 days.
- Managed a team of recruiters and implemented the company’s training and recruitment processes.
2003 – 2004 IT Recruitment Consultant Allegis Group London
Academic Education & Qualifications
- 1995-2000: Westminster School , London
- June 1998: 10 GCSEs: (2 A*s) (4 As) (4 Bs)
- June 2000: 3 A-Levels: English (A ) Mathematics (B) History of Art (B)
- 2000-2003: UCL BA (Hons) History of Art 2:1
References on Request